Sale Alert! When I tell you this flat iron is my holy grail, I’m not lying. It makes my hair super glossy and gives me the best effortless waves. I did an entire breakdown on my IG stories as well (@pameluxe).
Here’s what else I love about this flat iron:
-it has vibrating plates that can smooth and style hair in 5 mins
-vibration soothes the hair shaft so you have less flyaways
-leaves hair with a high shine, glossy finish (see photo above for reference)
-plates are made with volcanic minerals that infuse hydration and preserve hair health
-the rounded tip allows you to go from roots to ends-the cord is 9 ft. and it swivels so it doesn’t get caught in annoying, awkward positions
-goes up to 450 degrees
-automatically shuts off in an hour
Turmeric has a slew of benefits and so much to offer. Before we dive into the science of why this pretty little powder packs a punch, I have to explain something kind of nerdy.
- Basically, turmeric is actually powerful because it contains curcumin. Curcumin is the active, main ingredient that contains the anti-inflammatory effects.
- Secondly, it has to consumed with black pepper. I know this may not be your thing when you hear ‘latte’ but hear me out. Piperine (which is found in black pepper and also sounds like the name of a Disney Princess) is what facilitates the absorption of curcumin by up to 2000%. If you don’t combine the turmeric powder with the pinch of black pepper per the recipe, you don’t experience the magical effects of it at all.
- Lastly, you should use a full fat milk (or butter/oil if you’re keto) to enhance the effects. Turmeric is fat-soluble which means in order to break it down and get the most out of, it needs a fatty substance for maximum absorption.
Here’s why you should make this latte ASAP:
- anti-inflammatory agents (reduces puffiness and swelling)
- anti-oxidant (breakdown of cells cause damage healthy cells=premature aging)
- supports brain health
- promotes the glow from within by combatting dullness
- anti-microbial which kills acne causing bacteria (drinking it & applying it topically)
Combine the spice in a bowl. Take a teaspoon of the spice mix an add it to the milk/non-dairy base of your choice. Whisk your milk base (I use Coffee Mate Sugar Free French Vanilla creamer) and spice blend together. My Ninja Coffee machine comes with a froth attachment, so I used that. After frothing for about 1-2 mins, I scoop the spice/froth mixture into my coffee. This works for espresso or ground coffee, and I like to keep it simple. There are a lot of recipes with a ton of steps, but for me, I just want the benefits with a little sweet taste, and I’m good to go.
- Ninja A Specialty Coffee Maker: https://shopstyle.it/l/bjxUD
- GreaterGoods Nourish Digital Kitchen Food Scale, Not-Connected, Digital Food Code App Download Included (New Backlit): https://shopstyle.it/l/bjxVp
- (My exact mugs are sold out, these are the smaller size by the same brand) Stone & Mill 2 Glass Coffee Cups 12 oz, Insulated Double Wall Coffee Mugs AM-12: https://shopstyle.it/l/bjxWy
- 365 Everyday Value, Buona Giornata! Coffee, 28.5 oz: https://shopstyle.it/l/bjxVI
Coffee Mate Liquid Coffee Creamer Sugar Free French Vanilla, Half Gallon, 64 oz: https://shopstyle.it/l/bjxVP
- Silk Almond Milk, Unsweetened Vanilla, Half Gallon, 64 oz: https://shopstyle.it/l/bjxWe
When it comes to jewelry, I like to keep things simple, but unique. I shop quite a bit on Amazon and I wanted to narrow down my top three jewelry pieces for this month’s recommendations. These earrings are a nice width which provides a nice pop in my dark hair. I was nervous about them being too heavy, but to my surprise, they didn’t weigh my ear lobe down. The necklace is probably my most complimented jewelry item, both on and offline. You should know that the pendant doesn’t actually spin, which at first, kind of annoyed me. But then I realized that this was a good thing, because it meant that I would not have to constantly turn it the right direction. The ring is a nice, simple alternative to my wedding ring. I can wear this without fear that I’m going to dislodge one of the diamonds in my band, because there are no embellishments. I am a total klutz so it’s important to me to have a ring that I can be careless with, while preserving my wedding ring.
Also! This top is on SALE and it’s my absolute favorite top right now. It’s lightweight, breathable, and super flattering. I was nervous about the shirred body because I have a short torso but I wore it to a brunch this weekend and didn’t feel self-conscious at all.
Lastly, and no, this isn’t exactly jewelry, but you know, it went with the aesthetic. The Laneige lip mask is literally heaven in a tub. It goes on so smooth and buttery, while enveloping the lips to prolong the moisture all day and night. I wear it under my liquid lipstick and it prevents that awful, dry, cracking sensation I sometimes get when wearing matte formulas. And for concealer, I have never found a more universally flattering concealer than this one. The Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer literally looks good on everyone. I like that it can be worn alone, or built up for a full glam look. The shade range is great and it works well during these warmer months.