To be honest, it’s really hard for me to run a successful blog and not include recipes. I cook almost every single day. Although I typically like to create meals that are nutritionally dense, every once in a awhile, the southern girl in me comes out. One of my go-to recipes is a low carb, keto fried chicken recipe that is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Aside from few simple ingredients, all you really need to get the most ideal crispiness is an air fryer. The air fyer I have been totally obsessed with is the Insginia 3.2 L Air Fryer from Best Buy. I actually like it more than my InstaPot *gasp*.
*If you are an avid Amazon shopper like me, this one has great reviews and of course, on Prime: https://amzn.to/2teeu4B
Also, I should mention that my husband really loves spicy food, so most of my savory recipes have a kick to them. This, of course can be tweaked to fit your palette. If you prefer a milder option, don’t use Tapatio in the egg wash, skip the chili powder and lastly, use the non-spicy version of the fried pork rinds.
Easy Keto Fried Chicken
Healthy and easy keto fried chicken that’s crispy and spicy. Low carb and great for entertaining.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 21 minutes
Air Fryer I am OBSESSED with: https://amzn.to/2GmdL97
- 5 chicken drumsticks
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon of Tapatio hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt with parsley
*optional: a dash of chili powder
- In a bowl, add eggs and Tapatio sauce, beating until well-mixed. In another bowl, take all seasoning ingredients and evenly distribute onto drumsticks.
- In a gallon size zip lock back, empty entire bag of fried pork skins and seal ziplock. Use rolling pin to crush the pork skins into a finely ground crumb texture.
- Add seasoned drumsticks to egg wash,coating all sides. Shake off excess and placed drumstick into fried pork skins. Repeat with the other chicken pieces. Only coat 1 piece of chicken at a time to minimize the amount of time chicken is in egg wash. Also, you may want to work in batches to avoid overcrowding in the pot — I usually have 5 chicken pieces frying simultaneously in my 3.2 L Air fryer.
- Program air fryer to 360 degrees and cook chicken for 21 mins.
- Top with freshly cut cilantro serve immediately while hot and crispy.
*If you do make this recipe in the oven, I would bake the chicken on an elevated/vented rack at 375 for about 30 mins. The internal temp should read 165 degrees when it’s done.