This week, I bought the T3 Convertible Power Base, which has been on my *need* list for quite some time. Truthfully, it’s been 8 years since I’ve purchased a swanky hair tool, and I had my reservations. After seeing bloggers, Instagrammers and Youtubers all use this multi-functional wand, I thought it was best to just bite the bullet and purchase it. A few weeks ago, Ulta had the base, which alone is $100 (yikes) on sale for $50, but by the time I logged on, it was sold out. So when I saw that Macy’s had it on sale for $80 (plus an additional 15% off) I jumped on it. It hasn’t arrived but it definitely made its way to the top of my ‘Must Haves’ for the Macy’s Friends & Family Sale. Beauty doesn’t get marked down the same way clothing, shoes, and accessories do, so when an opportunity like this presents itself, I find the best things to purchase and breakdown my list with you guys.
Use Code: ‘FRIENDS’ for 15% select beauty purchases and 30% off apparel.
- T3 Convertible Power Base: Mine hasn’t arrived yet but I cannot wait ’til it gets here!
2. ABH Matte Lipsticks: I love traditional lipsticks and even more so, a matte formula. These ABH lipsticks have the most beautiful color pay-off and longevity. I also really love that they have a great range of shades that can work for nudes and bright summer pinks. My personal favorites are ‘Spice’, ‘Soft Pink’ and ‘Star Gazer’.
3. MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation: This is actually my favorite as a concealer. It’s great for the brutal Texas heat and has a soft, flexible formula so it doesn’t feel suffocating like other full coverage concealers tend to feel. It is oil free with a weightless, satin finish.
4. Stila Shimmering Heights Liquid Eyeshadow Set: Since I don’t do super glam eyeshadow everyday, I love the mini versions of the liquid eyeshadows from Stila. These three colors in particular suit my skin tone the best. What I really love is that they are pigmented, but can be blended down into a sheer wash of color for a softer look. They are also budge and smudge proof! I wore the color ‘Kitten’ to an outdoor wedding and my eye makeup stayed in place the entire time. You can wear these on top of shadows or with a transition color alone. Plus, the deep ‘Twig’ shade is such a nice take on a smokey eye, without going too dark.
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow: Brows are super personal and there are a million different ways you can fill them in. My personal go-to is always dipbrow because of how creamy the formula is. I find that I don’t always have to take a lot of time creating the density or shape that I want. My favorite brush to use is the MAC #269 brush. Also, I suggest wiping off the excess product onto the top of the cap. Starting with minimal product and then building your way up is the way to go.