Jeans: sold out but simlar here https://shopstyle.it/l/4oYi
Sunnies: sold out but similar here https://shopstyle.it/l/4o1Q
So I know that Summer is officially here and when most people think of Summer, they don’t typically think about wearing dark colors. But it is what it is and black will always be staple in my wardrobe. I love anything leopard and rhinestone because of course, I’m from Texas, but black is definitely up there with my favorites. It’s forever timeless and will always looks slightly more expensive than most other colors. I rounded up a few of my favorite black items (or items that match the current black aesthetic) that will help you kill your glam game this Summer.
- Mark & Graham Build Your Bag: This bag is SUCH a steal. It was gifted to me for Christmas and it has a beautiful pebbled leather look that gives it that *expensive* appeal. The strap is interchangeable so you can wear it a few different ways AND it has a monogram option for your initials (need I say more!?). The monogram is metallic and the strap assortment comes with a cross body option that makes it a great travel option. It’s also 100% leather with a linen lining and can instantly elevate your outfit.
- Everfaith Leopard Cocktail Ring: This ring is a total dupe for the Cartier leopard which is uber pricey. I know that obviously having the real thing is on my bucket list, but in the mean time, I get to wear this and enjoy the over-the-top glam it adds to my outfits. I love wearing large cocktail rings on my index finger a la Rachel Zoe and keeping the rest of the jewels to a minimum. This ring fits true to size and has green cubic zirconium eyes, mimicking the authentic Cartier Panthere which retails for upwards of $23,000. I have chubby fingers and wear a size 8. Plus, as if you need anymore of an incentive to buy this, it’s available on prime.
- Hair Tamer Croc Styling Clips: When it comes to styling my hair, nothing is really more frustrating that trying to blow dry wet, dense hair. In order for me to properly tame my frizz and ensure that each section is getting dry, I have to use ‘Croc’ clips to divide my hair. These clips are the best for really gripping hair, whether its soaking wet from the shower, or being colored or just simply pulling it out of your face. The teeth of the clips are staggered so that no hair slips through, but it does not pull on the hair, making them great for avoiding creases.
- Adidas Women’s Essentials Linear Sweatshirt: Let met start off by saying that is not a true sweatshirt, I think of this more as a ‘Summer Sweater’. It’s warm enough to throw on in cold restaurants, but not totally lined with fleece like the $65 version of this sweatshirt would be. I love that it’s black and white, so you can throw it on with brightly colored shorts and make it Summery. I ordered a medium, and I don’t mind the fit, but if you are going for a more over sized, relaxed look, definitely size up. It comes in 3 color ways, and the next one I am going to get is the dark grey with baby pink font.
- eBoot Spa Makeup Terry Cloth Headband: You guys know I prolong my hair washes as long as I possibly can. One of the preventative measures that I take to ensure that I can stretch this window out is to avoid getting my hairline wet when I am removing my makeup. I have a pretty extensive skincare routine and in order to ensure that I get every bit of makeup off, I have to get my cleanser and toner into the hair line without saturating my strands. This spa headband allows me to strategically cleanse my face, without soaking the perimeter of my hairline. It also goes over my ears, so when I’m splashing away, I don’t have to worry about water getting in them. I also really love wearing this while I’m doing makeup and while I’m doing my at home dermaplaning.
- Forever 21 Faux Leather Espadrille Wedges: I know, I know. Who shops at Forever 21 anymore? It’s super random, but I stand by the fact that they have some great pieces that look much more expensive than they really are. While searching for a black wedge, that still had a Summery vibe to them, I found these super adorable two tone espadrilles. When I ordered them online (which is the only way to shop Forever 21) I was so pleased with how ‘designer’ the looked. The leather has clean lines, with no colored stitching. And although I don’t wear wedges often, espadrilles are my exception. It’s the perfect heel for comfort and height. I also knew I wanted a pair with a black accent but not totally black, with the natural raffia color tied in. Quite honestly, I can’t believe these are less than $30 and they are extremely comfortable.
- Express Knotted V-Neck Elastic Waist Mini Dress: Repeat after me: I WILL BUY THIS DRESS. Holy flattering y’all. This dress was what my body needed this summer. I am self-conscious about my arms, since that’s where I hold a lot of my weight. While I am actively working on becoming more fit, I like a simple dress that helps me conceal my insecurities, and highlight the attributes I am more confident about. When I tried this one, I could not get over the fabric. It draped so beautifully and ties at the waist to pull you in. It comes in two colors, but I had to get the black. This dress would work great for a wedding, work, a date or even a night out with the girls.
- Rownyeon Portable Makeup Train Case: So let me start off by saying that this is far from compact, and it’s not super flexible. That being said, it is SUPER durable and it can be used for your makeup when you travel, as a freelancer or to store tech equipment. This case comes with compartments, making your getting ready process super streamlined, and they can be moved to meet your needs. The top flap has brush storage which helps keep all of your beauty items secure in one place. Behind the brush holders, there are larger pouches that can hold flat items like a mirror, a mini ring light, towels, skincare or more brushes. I first used this when I was freelancing and it helped my assistants and I stay organized and work efficiently.
- RCMA No-Color Powder: As you guys know, it’s tough to properly discuss makeup products in text, because visually, you gain so much more via demonstration in my videos. What I can tell you about this powder is that it really locks your foundation in without adding additional pigmentation to your skin. I like this powder particularly for Summer because during this time of year, we often swap out our full coverage foundations for might sheer-to-medium formulas. These lighter weight formulas don’t always need that opacity that heavier duty powders offer. Sometimes, we just need something that is going to seal in the superficial layer of our product, reduce shine and keep things in place. This powder isn’t really going to highlight or blur, it’s more of a finisher. It’s lightweight, non-caking and works on all skin tones.
- NYX Professional Makeup Faux Blacks: Adding a pop of color to the waterline is on of my favorite ways to add a little jazz to your look. As you can tell from my makeup, I’m not super obsessed with black eyeliner, especially in the waterline, because to me, it can look a little harsh with my eye shape. If I reach for an eyeliner to throw on my waterline, it’s typically dark brown. It adds the depth and dimension, without the harsh pigmentation. Not all dark brown liners are created equally, and since I don’t wear liners every single day, I really didn’t want to invest in a super expensive one. NYX liners in this specific ‘faux black’ range is great because they are rich and creamy, comfortable on the eye, and great for smudging out as an eye shadow base. They also offer a range of colors so you can choose the one that will make your eyes pop. Aside from the dark brown, I love the navy because it actually makes my eyes a little brighter. These shades are matte as well, which means you won’t get random shards of glitter in your eyes.