Nude lipstick and liner is something I write about often because I completely understand the struggle that goes into finding the right shade for tan, olive, golden and deep skin tones. I am naturally biased towards MAC lip pencils because I truly feel that they are not only an industry leader with color range, but product quality as well. MAC lip pencils are long wearing and simple to sharpen (i.e. no plastic coating that gets jammed in a sharpener). My rule of thumb is to apply lipstick first (yes I know, it’s opposite of what others may suggest), and then to go in and apply your first lip pencil. This method has always worked for me because it allows me to grasp how much I want to overdraw the lip, kind of like an outline. Lastly, I ALWAYS go in and add ‘Cork’ by MAC to help transition the nude shade into the rest of my makeup. Even some of the best nude lipstick shades can have a grey tone to them, making me look a little lifeless. The understated warmth from the MAC ‘Cork’ pencil is the best for anyone with tan/warm/deep undertones. I linked a few others that could work well for other nude shades. Along with the best MAC liners, I also linked the Make Up Forever liner which is super versatile. It can be used as a lip pencil, brow pencil or eye pencil. Lastly, I linked a lipstick set from ABH and a lip mask from Laniege that I wear at night. I want to wear it for a few more days before I tell you guys if it’s actually worth it but in the mean time, I have been exfoliating my lips with a soft toothbrush, and then slathering the lip mask on before bed.
Nude lipsticks are such a staple in my makeup collection. When I am looking for the best nude shade that would suit me best, I honestly try a pretty wide variety. I go for nude glosses, matte lipsticks, liquid lippies and even balms. Some of the nude lips that work the best for me have a slightly peach, brown and or pink undertone. To be honest, my rule of thumb is that as long as I have a brown lip pencil like ‘Cork‘ by MAC or even ‘Plum‘ by MAC, I can make most looks works. Also, I typically buy nude lip products in sets. To me, I find it most beneficial to have a few different shades to mix. Also full confession, I don’t shop for nude lips often. When I find what I like, I just use it until it’s done because I am a total creature of habit. Lastly, I typically take a shimmery eyeshadow, or highliter and pat it into the center of my lips to reflect light and really augment that center portion. I really like the pop effect it offers, but I do notice that it lightens up my lip color and slightly changes is. Sometimes, when people message me and and ask me what color I am wearing, I want to be like, “how much time do you have?” because it’s rarely just 1-2 colors and it typically involves a shadow or highliter. That being said, I tried my very best to narrow down a few my favorites nude lipsticks!
- Maybelline Color Sensational Inti-Matte Nudes in ‘Naked Coral’: https://shopstyle.it/l/0QWV
- Lorac LORAC Alter Ego Matte Lipstick in ‘CEO’: https://shopstyle.it/l/0QW2
- Lorac LORAC Alter Ego Matte Lipstick in ‘Duchess’: https://shopstyle.it/l/0QW4
- Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick Nude 46: https://shopstyle.it/l/0QWj
- Maybelline® Color Sensational® Vivid Hot Lacquer Lip Gloss in ‘Unreal’: https://shopstyle.it/l/0QXc
- NYX Professional Makeup Butter Lip Gloss in ‘Tiramisu’: https://shopstyle.it/l/0QX7
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in ‘Hudson’: https://shopstyle.it/l/0QX9
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in ‘Crush’: https://shopstyle.it/l/0QX9
- Lime Crime Matte Velvetines Liquid Lipstick in ‘Sasha’: https://shopstyle.it/l/0QYh
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre Lip Gloss in ‘Ibiza Nights’: https://shopstyle.it/l/0QYm